Iconic Norwegian black metallers RAGNAROK have announced album details of their eagerly anticipated eighth studio installment, “Psychopathology”. The record is set for release on 25th of March on Agonia Records and is now available to pre-order via the label’s webshop. The band that has been active for over twenty years on the metal scene, have completed work on their new album in Endarker Studio (Sweden) with MARDUK‘s bassist Devo behind the console. Cover artwork made by Marcelo Vasco (Slayer, Machine Head, Dimmu Borgir).
RAGNAROK took everyone by surprise announcing a bold role-swap in their line-up. “Psychopathology” will be the first album in RAGNAROK‘s history that doesn’t feature founder Jontho on drums. Having taken over the role of frontman, his place behind the drum kit is taken by DAUDEN drummer Malignant, who joined the band in 2014. Bolverk, is on guitars, and DezeptiCunt makes his swansong appearance with the band on bass as he leaves to concentrate on new projects.
1. Dominance and Submission
2. I Hate
4. My Creator
5. Infernal Majesty
7. Into The Abyss
8. The Eighth Of The Seven Plagues
11. Where Dreams Come To Die
– Jewelcase CD.
– Limited black vinyl.
– Limited to 133 handnumbrered copies transparent brown vinyl with red, yellow, white and blue splatter.
– Limited to 666 numbered copies CD BOX including the new album in CD format, a pin with a logo, poster, booklet with rare footage and old interview, and a bonus compilation CD “Chaos and insanity between 1994-2004” (featuring all of the band’s early demos and EP’s).
“Chaos and insanity between 1994-2004” track listing:
I.Pagan Land demo 1994*
2. Pagan Land
3. From The Darkest Deep
4. Et Vinterland I Nord
5. Hammerens Slag
II.Various Unreleased tracks:
7. Et Vinterland I Nord**
8 .Under The Wings of Satan (demo)***
9. Fainted Eyes****
10. Live 2004*****
*Recorded in Haga audio in October 1994;
**Recorded in Sarpsborg , September 1994 and taken from the compilation cd called Ørevox;
***Pre-production for the album In Nomine Satanas, recorded in Attic studio in Sarpsborg in 2001;
****Celtic Frost cover taken from the tribute album Order of The Tyrants 2003, Black Lotus Records;
*****Live is from the Blackdoor Miracle Tour in 2004 with Behemoth, Krisiun and Incantation somewhere in Europe. Included only in the CD version.
“Chaos and insanity between 1994-2004” formats:
– Limited to 666 copies CD BOX (including a pin with a logo, poster, booklet with rare footage and old interview, and the band’s new album, “Psychopathology”).
– Limited black vinyl.
– Limited to 133 handnumbered copies red vinyl.